Our Sunday mornings are usually of everyone off to church, with my parents going home a little late in the afternoon. When they do, they come with some of their friends. As we barely gather together for one full meal, it’s usually a waste to make rice and dishes to go with it. So on Sundays, I just prepare quick and easy pasta recipes.
With that, I kind of need a break from adobo pasta, pesto, aglio olio, and spag. To my delight, Yoona of Hyori’s Bed & Breakfast showed yet another simple dish that’s a crossover between pasta and salad. It’s refreshing and I’m happy to have tried it last week.
For brunch, she made Fregola Pasta but I didn’t have time (& the budget) to look for it so I just patterned this Sunday Salad recipe after what Yoona did.
Sunday Salad, serves 6-8
1/2 kilo of your pasta of choice (Fregola is top choice but if you don’t have that, you can substitute with macaroni or fusilli)
Romaine lettuce or just lettuce
2 Cherry Tomatoes, diced
2 Oranges, diced
1 can of sweet kernel corn
Hard boiled eggs
Note: you can add more greens like basil and oregano
- Cook noodles in boiling water. Add salt for flavor and vegetable oil so it won’t stick. As this is for salad, I put in a few drops of sesame oil instead so that the noodles smell and taste more flavorful.
- Shock and wash the noodles in cold water, set aside for a few minutes
- Dice and slice the fruits — cherry tomatoes, oranges
- For easy eating, I decided to cut the leaves in 3 portions each
- Mix them together
- Add the kernel corn (no need to drain it)
- Add the hard boiled eggs
- Mix with your cooked pasta
- Pour in a generous amount of olive oil and sesame oil
- Sprinkle with salt (and pepper if you wish) to taste
- Add Parmesan cheese (or just grated Eden cheese if you ran out of Parmesan), key is to mix welll
- Serve and enjoy your brunch and snack with some toast and tea ♥